Iberian Solutions – Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice provides details of the personal data we collect from you, what we do with it, how you might access it and who it might be shared with.
Our Contact Information (Data Controller)
Iberian Solutions — Nationality and Property Specialists
Edificio Sao Jose, Sala 504
Alameda dos Combatentes da Guerra
Telephone: ++351 967 959 139
What Iberian Solutions does with your personal data
We use personal data only for the purpose for which they are collected. The purpose is dependent on whether you use only our website, or additionally, our services. If you use our services you are required to register and we collect your personal data. We use this personal data for the provision of the service or the performance of the contract. We may use your personal data for other similar purposes, including marketing and communications, but that will only occur in the case we have your consent or another legal justification for doing so.
We limit the amount of personal data collected only to what is fit for the purpose, as described above. We restrict, secure and control all of our information assets against unauthorised access, damage, loss or destruction; whether physical or electronic. We retain personal data only for as long as contractually agreed, unless terminated or altered, in order to respond to your requests, or longer if required by law (e.g. tax purposes). If we retain your personal data for historical or statistical purposes we ensure that the personal data cannot be used further. While in our possession, together with your assistance, we try to maintain the accuracy of your personal data.
How can you access your personal data?
You have the right to request access to any of your personal data we may hold. If any of that information is incorrect, you may request that we correct it. If we are improperly using your information, you may request that we stop using it or even delete it completely.
If you would like to make a request to see what personal data of yours we might hold, you may make a request from our company website or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you have previously given your consent to process your personal data, you also have the right to request that we port or transfer your personal data to a different service provider or to yourself, if you so wish.
Where it may have been necessary to get your consent to use your personal data, at any moment, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you withdraw your consent, we will cease using your personal data without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal.
What information does Iberian Solutions collect and hold?
- Personal information to identify and contact you, such as your name, address, contact details
- Information about your work or profession, your nationality, education and social and economic demographic
- Details of the accounts and products you hold and/or previously held with us, and how you use them
- Information about your financial position and history, which may include source of funds and wealth
- Details of payments made to and from your accounts, and any insurance claims you make
- Details of products with other providers that you’ve told us about or we’ve sold to you
- Personal information gathered from when you’ve applied for a product or service, including where an application was declined
- Details of when you contact us and when we contact you
- Details of the devices you use to contact us
- Details of how you use our website and online services
- Details you make public on social media e.g. Facebook/Twitter
- Information about your interactions with Iberian Solutions in branch, online or by telephone
- Other information that you supply to us or that we obtain from our relationship with you
Where does Iberian Solutions collect information from?
The personal data we collect depends on whether you just visit our website or use our services. If you visit our website, you do not need to provide us with any personal data. However, your browser transmits some data automatically, such as the date and time of retrieval of one of our web pages, your browser type and settings, your operating system, the last web page you visited, the data transmitted and the access status, and your IP address.
If you use our services, personal data is required to fulfil the requirements of a contractual or service relationship, which may exist between you and our organisation.
Most of the information we hold about you comes directly from you when:
- You apply for our products or services
- You update your information (such as when you change your address)
- You speak to us on the phone
- You use our websites
- You send us letters, emails or other documents
- Information we gather from third parties
We might collect or receive information from certain third parties too. These include:
- Government bodies and agencies
- South African and/or Portuguese tax authorities
- Law enforcement agencies
- Our service providers
- Companies and organisations that introduce you to us
- Financial advisers
- Land agents
Log files/IP Addresses
IP addresses are logged and stored via some marketing platforms we use, such as Mailchimp.com, Hubspot.com, and social media marketing platforms such as Facebook. We do not store or access this information directly.
Cookies & Registration
Cookies are automatically created by the web & marketing platforms we use, such as Mailchimp.com. We have an online form that allows people to download and/or request information, an online contact form, and a newsletter subscription form.
How does Iberian Solutions use your information?
We collect and use your information so we can open and manage your accounts, provide services and also operate our business. Examples of how we use your information include:
- To check your identity and confirm that it is you.
- To manage your accounts and relationship with us.
- To confirm your income and outgoings.
- To provide products and services of our partners.
- To enhance your experience and our products and services.
- To share relevant marketing about our products and services.
- To meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- To test our systems and processes.
We’re able to use your information for the purposes outlined above, where one of the following applies:
- We use the information to carry out our obligations to you, as part of an agreement between you and Iberian Solutions.
- We must use the information to comply with the law or in the public interest.
- We use the information to carry out our legitimate business interests.
- You have given us consent to use the information.
- We use your information to protect your vital interests (e.g. in very exceptional circumstances when we believe it’s in your best interests).
Security and Transfer
Digital data is stored via Google Cloud services and GoDaddy.com managed servers; security measures are provided by these service providers as per their TOS and have tier 1 security premises. Customer data is stored in Google Cloud services as well as on a GoDaddy.com managed servers, which are located in EU. Data is NOT transferred outside the EU, meaning to servers located outside of the EU, in the course of account/client and business management services.
Personal data is only shared to third parties as required in the course of providing client services, or via online-based marketing platforms such as Hubspot.com, but requires approval by data subject.
From our Customers / Clients, we process and retain personal data for the following purposes and periods, with the applicable legal basis.
From our Employees, we process and retain personal data for the following purposes and periods, with the applicable legal basis.
From our Suppliers, we process and retain personal data for the following purposes and periods, with the applicable legal basis.
Our Supervisory Authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with any Supervisory Authority. See our Supervisory Authority contact details below.
National Commission for the Protection of Data (Comissão Nacional de Protecção de Dados) (CNPD)
Av. D. Carlos I, 134 – 1.º
Telephone: (+ 351) 21 392 84 00
Fax: (+ 351) 21 397 68 32